• Support the Deputy Director by execution and supervision of Financial Administrative activities that ensure effective functioning of the Finance and Administration Directorate;
• Exercise the control function on income and expenditure documentation;
• Supervise and check all financial system modules: Cashbook, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Claims to the General Ledger;
• Prepare EFT/Cheques on daily basis and monthly 3rd party payments;
• Supervise and sign off critical reconciliations between general ledger and subsidiary ledgers and other financial systems;
• Identify operational requirements of the office; and
• Supervision of subordinates.
A vacancy exists within the Directorate: Finance and Administration for a person to support the Director of Finance and administration regarding the control function on income and expenditure documentation. This includes the preparation of reconciliation between general ledger, the subsidiary ledgers and other financial systems.
The most eligible candidate must have a Higher Certificate in Finance or a related field (NQF level 5) or the equivalent. Also required is a minimum of five years experience in the finance environment, with preferably two years supervisory experience. Knowledge of accounting concepts and principles, Spreadsheets, regulatory authority requirements, financial administration, which includes all ACCPAC modules to general ledger, cashbook, effective internal controls, communication skills, technology and computer skills, calculation and supervisory skills are further prerequisites. Knowledge of the SA education and training system and legislation will be an added advantage.
The successful candidate will qualify for a 13th cheque, housing, medical aid and pension allowance in the above total salary package.