This person is responsible for the management of Field Engineers in conjunction with the Converged Communications Operations Manager. It is imperative that the candidate has a sound technical background and must have extensively worked in the technical arena on all the different disciplines. This person must be available to assist the client 365 days a year all hours. This person must have excellent administrative qualities and must be able to manage and motivate peoples.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Manage Field Engineers in all aspects of their work.
• Set up measurable KPI’s.
• Ensure that division is profitable.
• Assist technically at a 3rd level and hands on level (client and field engineers)
• Attend weekly/monthly meetings with clients to resolve and advice around any issues.
• Be responsible for call and SLA reports as well as invoicing of services
• Ensure that field engineers complete their admin as required. (Claims and Helpdesk)
• Manage daily calendars/scheduling of staff.
• Do capacity planning and Budgets
• Manage projects
• Negotiate contracts and set up SOW’s
• Manage SLA’s
Qualifications & Education Requirements
• Solid knowledge of routing and switching on a wide range of different manufacturers
• Project management (Prince 2 or equivalent)
• Financial management (Certificate or Diploma)
• Data centre or server environment MCSE (server infrastructure, Cloud, Office 365)
• Strong VOIP skills (must be able to configure install PABX systems like Asterisk, Cisco collaboration etc.)
• Strong knowledge of virtualisation (VMWware, Virtualbox, Hyper-V)
• Solid knowledge of Linux
• Solid Knowledge of SNMP based LAN management systems
• Be able to do R&D for any new technical requirement and train field engineers
• Knowledge of security and firewalls
• Routing and switching 10 years
• Service and Financial management 5 years
• Project management 5 years
• Data and server skills 10 years
• VOIP 10 years
• Virtualization 10 years
• Linux 10 years
• Lan management 10 years
• Security and firewalls 10 years
Knowledge & Skills Required
• Ability to take ownership
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, verbal & written skills
• Ability to work in a changing environment
• Excellent technical abilities
• Problem Solving & Analysis
• Conflict management
• Analytical Thinking
• People Skills
Key Behaviours & Competencies
• Has demonstrated the ability to work well with others, team work ethic.
• An excellent communicator and collaborator
• Willingness to learn
• Positive attitude
• Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
• Following Instructions and Procedures
• Learning and Researching
• Motivate and manage people
• Achieve deadlines
• Working hours Mon. – Fri. 08h00 – 17h00. The candidate must have a reliable vehicle and will be expected to travel which he/she will be compensated for. Work hours are not limited to office hours as this person must be willing to answer any calls from the client at any time.
• Must be willing to do work that is not his responsibility