My client a global leader in the chemical manufacturing industry is currently seeking a Buyer for their branch in New Germany.
Must have a relevant Degree or Diploma and a minimum of 1 years’ experience in a Similar Role.
*** Please note this is a Contract Position of 7 months ***
Responsible for negotiating and contracting for the purchase of equipment, products and supplies for the company. Determines quantity and quality to be purchased, costs, delivery dates, contract conditions, sources of supply, and taking inventories.
1. Receiving and actioning of requisitions for local stock and consumables
2. Creating and placing orders on preferred suppliers
3. Expediting of orders
4. Sourcing of new products to user requirement specifications
1. Receiving and submitting clearing invoices to finance for payment
2. Resolving any invoicing, quantity or price issues from suppliers
3. Expediting import documents and updating of import shipment schedules
4. Scanning imported accessory COA's onto knowledge management
5. Filing of completed import indents
1. Periodic evaluation of current local suppliers
2. Evaluation of potential new suppliers
Logistics and Stock Allocations
1. Daily allocation of stock and new batches against branch orders.
Exports dispatch documents
1. Consigning and consolidation of export orders for dispatch as required
1. Stock takes
2. Capturing of stock.
Relevant degree or diploma
1 years’ experience in a similar role