MARKETING AND MEDIA MANAGER POSITION AT THE CAREL DU TOIT TRUST
The Carel du Toit Trust Tygerberg is the fundraising arm of the Carel du Toit Centre, where hearing impaired children learn to speak. The Trust was established in 1988 and our vision is to be a reputable fundraiser impacting the lives of children with hearing impairments in Africa to reach their full potential and thrive, through enabling access to the Carel du Toit methodology of natural spoken language with audiological support.
The Trust is seeking to appoint a Marketing and Media Manager from 1 March 2017.
Shortlisted candidates will be requested to submit certified copies of all qualifications and identity document.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered.
If you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement, accept your application has been unsuccessful.
Salary: R21,400 per month (all inclusive)
Conditions of Service:
Full time position
Work hours: 8:00 – 16:00
Annual Leave: 25 days
• Evaluate the brand of the Trust in relation to its competitors to strengthen its reputation in the NGO sector.
• Network and learn from other successfully marketed NGOs.
• Determine the current trends in marketing and implement where relevant at the Trust.
Implement and Evaluate Marketing Plan
• Lead the team developing the marketing plan under the guidance of an independent specialist assigned by the Trust.
• Finalise the marketing plan and present it to the Director.
• Implement the plan in line with pre-determined timelines and to regularly report on progress
• Carry out annual evaluations and make any adjustments required.
• Prepare an annual budget plan.
Build and sustain strong relationships with all media
• Meet with media representatives and capitalise on relationships; working together on fundraising initiatives or fulfilling of marketing strategies.
• Seek out opportunities for pro bono publicity.
• Negotiate good advertising/marketing rates for the Trust.
• Investigate alternate marketing opportunities to build platforms for public awareness of the Trust to benefit the sustainability of the Centre.
Media Presence and Coverage
• Build and sustain strong relationships with the media.
• Serve as the media liaison with respect to all media contacts.
• Secure media coverage when necessary and relevant for fundraising initiatives and marketing campaigns of the Trust.
• Write media releases and content for traditional and new media.
• Track media coverage of the Trust brand.
Brand Management and Strengthening
• Develop the Carel Du Toit Trust brand locally and nationally.
• Manage the Trust brand, aligned with the brand guide and core values.
• Implement innovative ways to build and strengthen the reputation of the Trust.
Public Speaking and Networking
• Serve as the communications person representing the Trust.
• Serve as the media liaison with all media contacts.
• Facilitate media interviews and to represent the Trust at public speaking events.
• Assist in speech writing and media comments for key Trust representatives, relevant to the initiative and to meet set objectives.
• Track media coverage of the Trust brand.
• Represent the Trust/Centre as and when required to.
Update marketing material and communication documents.
• Content sourcing, writing, agency briefing and final production of all Trust marketing material to promote the Trust and its work in fundraising for the Centre, including the annual report.
• Serve as liaison with the advertising agency – to brief and coordinate from conception to final product.
• Write a newsletter 4 times a year to report back on successful initiatives, Trust activities, upcoming campaigns and a call to action to encourage continued and regular donor support.
• Together with Fundraising, plan and assist with a “Thank You” event for key donors and their partners.
• Manage any opportunities to partner with existing event organisers, where the Trust is the beneficiary of proceeds.
• Provide marketing-related support activities to the Centre as per the signed Service Level Agreement.
Possible Additional Tasks
• Attend functions and organised events, where representation of the Trust is requested or necessary. These events may fall outside normal working
hours and will be discussed on a case-by-case basis.
• It may be required to occasionally execute duties outside the scope of your role and capabilities that are reasonable and in favour of the objectives of the Trust, and may not be specified in this job description.
• Marketing-related qualification e.g. National Diploma or Bachelors’ degree
• 5 years’ experience in marketing and media liaison Driver’s license (preferably has own vehicle)
• Above average time-management skills with the ability to always deliver on time thereby meeting deadlines. Fully bilingual with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Well-groomed, highly organised, self-motivated and pays attention to detail
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• Ability to accept newly assigned projects as and when necessary.
• Devman Database Management System experience an advantage
• Social media marketing experience
• Website maintenance and development