- Managing large key accounts within the bakery industries whilst establishing growth strategies and tactical implementation plans.
- Reviewing market trends and surveys on a regular basis and aligning key account strategies accordingly.
- Developing and implementing sustainable customer relationship strategies enabling sales growth.
- Effectively negotiating at high levels with general managers and owners of companies.
- Managing and delivering on technical queries with regards to specialised existing and new products.
- Advising and troubleshooting with clients on a technical level in terms of layout, cost optimisation in the plant etc.
- Planning and implementing promotions introducing new products to customers.
- Assisting in the preparation of the annual sales / income budget.
Minimum requirements for the role:
- An Engineering qualification or related is essential.
- Must have worked in the food equipment industry, ideally bakery, meat or food packaging, etc.
- External sales experience is preferable but the company will look at a qualified engineer with good people skills who has worked in the food equipment industry and who wants to go into a sales role.
- Previous technical experience is essential.
- Previous experience working with bakery equipment is preferable but not necessary.
- Must be willing to travel nationally.
Salary package is highly negotiable depending on experience gained. Other benefits include Medical Aid + Car Allowance + Pension + Performance Bonus.