Since most of our waking hours are spent working towards our goals and achievements, having a good understanding of time will allow you to master it and accomplish more in less time and not only this but it will
improve other aspects of our lives as well.
Here are 10 tips to manage your time better.
- Set goals and rewards. Setting your goals is crucial for planning your day. By setting your goals you can create proper targets and you won't fall off schedule. This will help you maximize your productivity and do as many things as possible in your 24 hours. Also after every goal that you achieve you can reward yourself. These rewards can go from sweets to food to short periods of time in which you do nothing, relax or watch a short video.
- Prioritize your tasks. Sometimes you can't do everything or you don't have enough time to do it. That's why it's important to set your priorities. An effective way to do this is to manage your priorities by dividing them into categories. Important and urgent tasks that need to be done right away, important but not urgent tasks, and urgent but not important tasks that need to be done as soon as possible but when completed they don't have any lasting value and not important and not urgent, these tasks are usually leisure activities or things you don't really need to do you only want to do doing.
- Learn to delegate. Your goal is to do more in less time. Delegating means letting someone else take the lead on your responsibilities and trusting the outcome is the desired one depending on
the type of responsibilities you're dealing with.
- Set clear deadlines. How much time do you have to finish your assignments? When do you need to complete your tasks? If you don't know these things it might be hard for you to keep track of your time. It's easier to be on time and do everything when it should be done if you set clear deadlines for each and every task.
- Say no to multitasking. The multitasking concept refers to a person dealing with more than one task at the same time. Despite what you may think, multitasking is not that efficient and it doesn't save your time. Multitasking will make you complete tasks in low quality.
- Block out things that can distract you. A lot of people have problems with distractions and procrastination. Those two concepts can keep you from doing your chores and waste your precious time.
- Schedule your day ahead of time. Waking up in the morning without knowing what you have to do during the day can make you either forget important stuff or take on more responsibilities than you can manage.
- Take breaks and unwind before sleep in order for you to be more productive and complete all your assignments.
- Try not to be overwhelmed. When you work and are trying to do everything in a specific timeframe, it's important to stay focused on one task and only one task. If you're constantly thinking of everything you have to do or that long list of chores that you assembled, you will be absorbed by an overwhelming feeling.
- Keep your inspiration and motivation. After a few days or weeks of continuous work you may feel down or blue and that's normal. However this slows you down and makes you sad.
Don't try to check off everything on your list of assignments and forget to have fun and unwind. Every once in a while try and enjoy every task that you're completing and enjoy a healthy work-life balance.
You may also like >> Guide To Managing Your Finances