The current Covid-19 pandemic has many people working from home.
One thing I have learned over the years is that fear paralyzes people. Don't let fear paralyze you, instead let it provoke you to take action.
How do you network if you are unable to attend networking events and meet people face-to-face?
Technology assists in flattening the communication hierarchy and allows many people to connect with others more easier. I still think face-to-face networking is one of the most powerful ways to connect but when that's not an option don't throw your hands up and do nothing.
Here are a few things you can do right now to maintain a powerful personal network:
- Set appointments to talk to people in your network. You can connect with people on Zoom, Skype, Google Meet and many other platforms.
- Call people. Many of us are so scared to pick up the phone and call recruiters or managers or even CEO's of companies. If you've got their direct contact details, give them a call and connect.
- Ask you friends and family if they have got refferals for you.
- Work on your email database and send out a meet and greet.
- Join online networking platforms. I know that Facebook has a few online networking events and groups for you to join.