To transact with Companies and Intellectual Properties Commission (CIPC) you need to register as a customer on there website.
Once registered a virtual account is created in your name. To register as a CIPC customer you will need the following:
- A valid South African ID or passport
- A valid email address a cell phone number
How to register
- To start the registration process visit www.cipc.co.za.
- Click on the top menu bar.
- Click on online transacting and then select eServices.
- From the drop down tab, click on customer registration and indicate if you have a south african green bar coded ID document or smart card by clicking either on the yes or no buttons. If yes was selected, type in your ID number and surname and click on continue. Complete the required fields. Please note that the surname, name and ID or passport number will be pre-populated on the screen. Compulsory fields are indicated with an asterisk.
- Click on register. The fields will be verified and if there is any problem or missing information an error message will display in red indicating what is required. If you completed all the required fields and selected register you will receive a message stating you new CIPC customer code has been sent to your cell phone and email address.
- Click continue to change your password. Then type in a password, confirm the password and type in the security question confirm.
- That all details are correct now click on update you will see a message confirming that your customer details have been updated.
- Click on continue. You will be redirected to the e-Services landing page.