As Account Director you will connect the agency's through-the-line solutions with their clients’ needs, whether you are pitching on new business, leading a first meeting on a new account, managing a client project or managing ongoing campaigns on retainer clients.
It is essential that you have good strategic understanding of communication and that you can think on your feet and assist in identifying new business opportunities, winning business and implementing it within the agency. In essence you need to be a client service genius with a strategic mind and a love for creative execution of campaigns.
You are/ have:
- An experienced senior account management/ client service executive with clear commercial understanding.
- Experience in through-the-line marketing
- A strategic thinker who can translate strategy into campaign implementation
- Experience in pitching, winning new business and onboarding new clients
- Agency experience
- Able to work at a highly strategic level with senior members of the team and clients
- Bags of personality and experience with the ability to develop large pieces of revenue
- Understand complex business problems and apply practical thinking to them
- Align creative to a communication or marketing strategy (i.e. think ‘big picture’ and the outcome required)
- Inspire the creative team to execute world class design
- An intimate understanding of through-the-line solutions and best practices/guidelines
- Excellent leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong understanding of brand development and multichannel marketing concepts
- Comfort interacting with clients and internal staff alike
- Strong persuasive skills
- Some form of tertiary qualification
- Strategic thinking on accounts
- Agency experience in through-the-line agencies
- 6 or more years of experience
- Ability to manage accounts while ensuring integration with the creative, production and digital teams
- Ability to juggle multiple client needs while manoeuvring sudden changes of direction in the marketplace.
- Curious and interested in keeping up with new technologies and trends and how they affect a client’s business plus how they can be implemented as new services or revenue streams for the agency
- Ability to foster a healthy work-place culture while working longer hours (when required) and within tight deadlines
- Ability to manage clients, address issues professionally and be solution-orientated
- Ability to identify new business opportunities, pitch on new business and close deals