1. Do you have a strong business development and key accounts management background?
2. Do you have Africa B2B Sales experience?
3. Do you have a passion for electronics and automation?
4. Are you digitally capable?
5. Do you have a solid understanding of EXPORT processes, procedures, legislation and documentation?
If you have answered “YES” to ALL THE ABOVE questions, then we may want to meet with you, please ensure you understand the position below and meet all the requirements, prior to applying:
Synopsis of the position
The key purpose is to maximize profitable sales growth by enhancing existing relationships, developing and creating value across the various functions and levels of the customer organization and to introduce and develop new contacts within the allocated Sub Saharan African countries.
What we require:
- At least 3 to 5 years successful African Export sales experience ideally gained within a business-to-business solution selling and account growth environment.
- Strongly developed experience of undertaking cross border business including:
- Effectively working across different cultures and geographies
- Exports process and procedure
- Exports trading legislation and documentation requirement
- Understanding of exports processes and the quality, integrity and accuracy of exports documentation
- Developed business and commercial acumen
- Digitally capable
- SAP CRM experience would be beneficial
- A strong working understanding of Microsoft office packages
- Familiar with value led sales techniques.
- Mathematical capability and confidence in financial calculations
- Recognition that a positive attitude is key to success, consisting of openness, curiosity, confidence, enthusiasm, working effectively with others and a strong work ethic
- Effective negotiator and influencer with outstanding written and verbal communication skills to simply and concisely communicate value and complex solutions.
- A high degree of learning agility, humility and willingness to share successes
- Technical aptitude and/ or experience with an affinity for the latest advancements in technology.
- Invests time into ongoing self-development and focused on in keeping in touch with best business practice, technology and innovation. Work with passion, integrity and collaboration
- Be innovative and have the courage to do something bold
- Be accountable for everything in your worlds
- Be ambitious and aspire to deliver the best for the Company and our customers
- Hold a current SA Driver’s License
- Fluent in English as well as one Sub Saharan language (French, Portuguese)
- An appreciation for the product commodities we distribute. (ie. Process Control and Automation, Electrical and Test and Measurement, Electronics, Tools and Consumables)
- Experience of MRO procurement strategy, eProcurement or inventory solutions is desirable
What you will be doing…
- Develop, promote, support and manage the execution of programs and initiatives focussed on achieving and accelerating sales growth in Sub Saharan Africa.
- Deliver sales, gross margin, and cash PL commitments (Product and Customer portfolio’s)
- Manage own time and resources of others efficiently and effectively, across a spectrum of portfolio customers who represent the best opportunity.
- Develop and execute quarterly sales account plans for each customer within portfolio in conjunction with internal and external resources to ensure a consistent approach and focused resource to deliver the best possible growth.
- Conduct internal and external research to identify customer's requirements and opportunities to develop future activity plans.
- Ownership for the creation and delivery of portfolio activity plans which are deployed through a matrix sales organisation.
- To develop strategic supplier relationships to support the Export sales strategy
- To work in conjunction with the SA marketing team to aid in shaping and directing marketing communication.
- Translate customer needs to solutions by applying a consultative selling technique.
- Setting up of annual sales and margin forecast in conjunction with management and a sound ability to understand and apply data relating to their function.
- Effective, accurate, complete and timeous maintenance of sales related customer visits and information with the responsibility for customer data integrity and protecting data confidentiality.
- Work closely with the export sales support network (Export Administrator and Operations) to allow the best customer experience and opportunity for sustainable profitable growth.
- Regularly travel to different African Countries as required by the role.
- Attend shows in the countries within portfolio.
- Completion of other tasks and activities as required by management.