- Industry specific retail knowledge would be an advantage
- Knowledge of stock control procedures
- Ability to plan and schedule staff working times / roster
- Must have basic practical understanding of MS Excel
- Must be tech savvy
- General knowledge of Standard Operating Practices for Retail
- Must have been actively involved in assisting the manager drive sales growth and determine retail shopping patterns.
- Exceptional High levels of customer service
- Must have general insight on competing brands
- Help the Store Manager drive the staff to effectively perform, ensuring that each month’s budget is met.
- Firm knowledge of merchandising
- Must have apparent leadership skills that can be seen in ability to:
- Handle conflict
- Deal with non – performing staff
- Command respect through his/her conduct.
- Minimum of 5yrs experience in the retail sector
- Minimum of 3yrs experience in working as an Assistant Manager in a similar environment
- Tertiary/ Post Matric Qualification would be advantageous
- Experienced in training staff on the job in terms of product, knowledge, policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Must have a track record on handling store audits, this includes the overseeing of / execution of store audit outcomes
- Must display high levels of maturity of thought and professionalism.
- In the absence of the Store Manager, to be responsible for all operations of the store.
- Own Vehicle Preferred
george, Western Cape
R10 000 BASIC + BENEFITS + INCENTIVES