- Expand existing clients'' own brand shelf space, and increase client spend throughout portfolio, with the aim of full representation in all own brand streams in all customers, as well as maintaining existing customer relations.
- Actively look for new customers. Ability to cold call and get new business.
- Train staff on existing and new products to ensure they can disseminate information to the public to assist in enhancing sales.
- Be proactive in providing management with a strategy for your area and specific customers to ensure growth in sales and existing shelf space. Provide feedback on competitor products and activity.
- Develop and maintain strong region / customer knowledge by compiling and maintaining a detailed database of existing and targeted clients [status, comments from last visit, next steps etc.]
- Implement action plans in accordance with marketing / sales strategy of the department.
- Assist other departments when required.
Customer Service & Focus:
- Call on all existing clients as per calling cycle and target client base.
- Sell and promote own brand products to the target client base in your area. Generally merchandise and count stock (where applicable) in existing customers as well as install / pack out displays in new and expanding existing customers as well as maintaining / erecting any point-of-sale material with a view to have a uniform look & feel for all clients in your region.
- Ensure accurate Merchandising (applicable prices/shelf talkers) and pricing on shelves.
- Work with existing and new Clients to find better opportunities for own brand products in terms of increased sales and shelf space.
- Personally, visiting and liaising with clients within the target market. Handle any customer queries and provide feedback, especially in regards to lead times, stock-on-hand and overall range.
- Record customer complaints and interrogate thoroughly. Provide feedback to management on specific items as well as reasons for losing market share to competitors.
- Provide training to customers and front shop staff on own brand products.
- Assist in planning any events or other divisions, where or when applicable, as required.
- Matric and valid drivers license
- At least 3 years experience in-field pharmacy sales for a recognized pharma company
- Experience in training pharmacy front shop staff