As Finance Business Partner (FBP), you will be accountable for the financial operations of the Company, including maintaining the ledgers, compliance with statutory requirements, corporate governance, and risk management.
You will also partner with the Business on decision support, providing reporting and analysis, and assistance with forecasting and planning.
This position is right for you if your goal is to manage the financial operations to a high standard, you want to drive positive change and implement best-practices, are comfortable working within a Group structure, and are passionate about providing financial support to the Business
Financial Accounting & Process
- Own the Financing Accounting, including
- General Ledger, including journal entries, reconciliations, intercompany, fixed assets, within the Great Plains ERP system.
- Bank account control and processing of transactions.
- Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger inc collection of Customer Receivables.
- Validate and process employee expenses in line with policy.
- Own the Month end cycle and Quarter End cycles, including
- Accurate accounting of Revenue including Professional Services project tracking and Recurring revenue streams.
- Timely closing, reporting and analysis across all ledgers. Manage the submissions in accordance with Group timelines and formats.
- Own working capital performance, build & optimize the companies cash position, whilst maintaining an accurate Cash Forecast.
- Ensure accurate tax records are maintained and filed for VAT, GST, Income Taxes, payroll taxes, and engage with external advisors as required.
- Implement and maintain financial record keeping and accounting procedures in accordance with Group policies. Adopt technologies solutions and bring best practice learnings, whilst always ensuring compliance with Statutory Authorities.
- Evolve and challenge current financial processes, systems, and policies to ensure scalability, the availability of accurate and timely data to make the best business decisions, and to comply with regulations and corporate governance requirements.
- Manage statutory filings across the Company, ensuring accurate completion and timely filing, work with external advisors as required.
- Manage internal and external auditor relationships, through to sign-off and taking corrective actions.
- Be the voice of finance within and become the trusted advisor across all levels by providing accurate and timely reporting, whilst making recommendations and leading efforts to improve performance.
- Collaborate effectively and support the team by providing input into Commercial offerings including Sales Proposals and Margin in addition to ensuring achieves the best value for money in any purchasing decisions.
- Support the Annual and Quarterly Strategic Review (QSR) forecasting process, in line with +/- 5% forecast accuracy targets. Guide the company on actions needed to hit its Ratio requirements (KPIs). Model and develop Revenue forecasting and Operating Cost analysis, ensure robust controls are in place.
- Attend management meetings, annual events, and other activities directed by the CEO.
1. Key Skills & Competencies:
- Qualified Accountant - Qualification 2 year post articles experience
- Must have completed artIcles with 1 of the Big 4
- Demonstrates clear understanding and application of current technical accounting knowledge, particularly International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Experience of operating in varying corporate structures, including in a SME if possible, as well as within a Group organization.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and change. Able to navigate and find best outcomes using resources available. Demonstrates resilience and drive to create a successful outcome.
- Hands on mindset essential, comfortable preparing and reviewing reconciliations, posting journals, creating reports, both standard and ad hoc. Preparing working papers.
- Attention to detail and accuracy is a must.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate and work effectively with the Business. Has a clear desire to be a genuine partner of the business
- Proven ability to work independently and manage multiple shifting priorities in a fast-moving environment. Is very organized, does not need to be chased.
- Understanding of software accounting concepts, especially revenue recognition, is a plus.
- Strong on use of accounting/ERP software, comfortable with Microsoft Office tools