- Required experience in the Public sector Health or Hospital industries
- Relevant Master’s Degree in Information Technology or equivalent qualification.
- Fifteen (15) years related IT experience with a proven track record of which Five (5) years’ experience must have been spent at a Senior Management level within Information Technology environment.
- ITIL certification will be an added advantage
- Evidence of experience in implementation of IT best practices in areas of Service Management, IT Governance, Software Development Life Cycle and Enterprise Architecture.
- Evidence in managing a large departmental or unit budget.
- Aware of the client’s needs and expectations and how this informs internal processes and deliverables.
- Well versed on the marketplace and aware of how strategies and tactics may be applied to optimise business success.
- Business acumen and understanding of health care environment.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) with problem solving and decision making.
- Strategic thinking ability.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITY
- To contribute as a member of the Executive Management Team.
- Formulating and directing the Company’s IT strategy and ensure implementation.
- Aligning IT with Business initiatives with business objectives.
- Communicate and market the value of IT and manage the value perceptions.
- Manage IT economics to drive down operational costs, creating capacity for initiatives and innovation (both business and IT).
- Drive technology effectiveness and efficiency to improve information management and enable rapid response to changing business requirements.
- Transforming business processes for automation and adaptability, modernizing business applications for services re-use, and providing a cost-efficient, flexible IT infrastructure.
- Manage risk through ensuring IT continuity, resilience, compliance and security to safeguard assets and help minimize negative financial exposure.
- Create an information platform that becomes the powerhouse of the organisation providing updated and comprehensive data management.
- Responsible for establishing the organisation’s information technology vision and leading all aspects of technology development, according to company strategic direction and objectives.
- Responsible for the databases and applications across the enterprise – the interpretation and / implementation thereof.
- Set key performance indicators for technology delivery and introduce progressive measurement opportunities and tools.
- Responsible for IT Governance and Management Framework.
- Position the organization competitively as a leading healthcare data powerhouse through the development of innovative and progressive IT strategies and business solutions.
- Responsible for IT best practices and ensure IT systems availability, incident and problem management, capacity and configuration management, maintenance and support.
- Manage IT sourcing, vendor management and ensure cost efficiency and value add. Manage and maintain optimal relationships with all stakeholders.
- Stay abreast of IT changes and developments and work with other members of the executive team to ensure implementation of new technologies in line with specific business needs.