Education and Minimum Requirements
- Grade 12 / Matric + relevant tertiary qualification / experience
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in material handling equipment parts sales environment
- Valid Code 8 / EB driver’s license
- Knowledge of principles and methods for showing, promoting, and selling products or services. This includes marketing strategy and tactics, product demonstration, sales techniques, and sales control systems.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods
- Selling or influencing others
- Establishing and Maintaining Interpersonal Relationships
- Communicating with Persons outside Organization
- Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems
- Getting Information
- Analyzing Data or Information
- Interacting with Computers
- Updating and Using Relevant Knowledge
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work
- Selling of aftermarket products such as parts, forks, tyres and other accessories
- Overall responsibility to achieve sales, growth and profitability targets in an assigned sales territory
- Contact new and existing customers to discuss their needs, and to explain how these needs could be met by specific products and services
- Inform and resolve customers questions about products, prices, availability, product uses, and credit terms
- Quote prices, credit terms and other specifications
- Emphasize product features based on analyses of customer’s needs, and on technical knowledge of product capabilities
- Prepare sales contracts for orders obtained, and submit orders for processing
- Overall responsibility to meet grow / market share; responsible to analyse, prepare and successfully implement strategy to target and convert new business accounts; cold calling on potential new accounts
- Overall responsibility to ensure quality of customer interaction and service – ensure that customer expectations in all regards are exceeded by building and nurturing partnerships based on a thorough understanding of the clients business and unique needs and challenges (drive customer service excellence, ensure good communication with customers, develop and implement strategy to ensure proper / scheduled cover of assigned territory, developing partnerships with and tailor made solutions for clients; evaluation of own development needs and ensuring lack of knowledge / skills are addressed).
- Responsible to ensure mutually agreeable solutions to problems experienced by customers are reached and prompt actions / delivery on promises are performed
- Sound financial management of deals in line with budget and company strategic objectives (ensure sales targets, invoicing targets and GP targets are met, ensure key administrative support functions are diligently executed, ensure discounts are approved / within limits; etc.).
- Preparation and presentation of reports as and when required.
- Overall responsibilities to ensure administrative procedures and duties are followed correctly and accurately as well as timeously; maintenance of customer records, etc.
- Ensure proper internal customer service and prompt and courteous communication is developed and maintained with other departments.
- Participative responsibility to grow department in line with company requirements
- Participation in team/department meetings and development/training initiatives to ensure that the Parts Sales team functions as an efficient resource for the company by continuously evaluating and monitoring quality and accuracy of work, implementing and actively participating in development initiatives in line with company strategic objectives, ensure effective inter-departmental and internal communication and by collaborating and sharing information with colleagues, e.g. selling strategies, marketing information, leads, etc.
- Assist with stock take exercises as and when required.
- Ability to develop and implement operational innovation
Please visit our website at --------Please upload your CV here-------->for more details and to register your C.V.