- To provide direction to and lead IT teams responsible for the full product lifecycle to ensure successful delivery of all product features, support and maintenance related tasks within the Banks Operations
- Oversee the ongoing drive to increase efficiency, optimisation, innovation and people development in these environments.
- Delivery Lead Focus areas: Credit, Remote Onboarding, App, Core Banking, Digital Middleware, Cloud Engineering, Test Automation, Integration, CRM, Merchant Loans, ISA, Credit Origination, Risk and Acc Mgmt, Collections Recoveries & Loan Origination System.
Key Tasks and Accountabilities include but is not limited to:
- Communicate with and lead the team to understand the product led business model and promote and embed the way of work.
- Responsible for the day to day management of team members (work, leave, challenges) and prioritise and delegate tasks to team members to optimise efficiencies
- Oversee the team so that internal systems / business analysis / quality standards, approved SDLC, architecture standards and agreed SLAs, operational and IT risk practices, financial and procurement standards, where relevant, are adhered to in the execution of work in the function.
- Collaborate with Talent Acquisition and participate in interviewing and meeting candidates to support the Software Development Manager with recruitment of team members as required
- Build a cohesive team and create an environment in which learning and development are emphasized by;
- Coaching and mentoring others.
- Effectively delegate authority and responsibility, in line with business objectives, to ensure the empowerment, motivation and effectiveness of team members
- Encourage team collaboration and communication via effective frameworks and routines.
- Create a culture of collaboration, supportiveness, ownership and accountability
- Responsible for on-the-job training and practical skills development of team members
- Liaise with Centres of Excellence in respect of functional and technical development for own team members and encourage participation in Communities of Practice
- Embed values and culture objectives in the team; create an engaging, enabling and productive work climate aligned to the employee value proposition.
- Promote team collaboration and innovation, sharing of knowledge, tools, code and practices
- Assist the Software Development Manager with talent review sessions and succession planning to support talent management and ensure a pipeline of ready now talent for future opportunities in the team, division and organisation.
Reward & Performance:
- Responsible for conducting Goal Plan contracts and performance review discussions with own team members, including regular one-on-one feedback sessions, and mid-year and final performance reviews in conjunction with the Software Development Manager.
- Assist the Software Development Manager with calibration to check that fair performance assessments are concluded in line with the values and principles outlined in the performance standards as required.
Stakeholder engagement and relationship management
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders and maintain an in-depth understanding of the product, strategic objectives, and business objectives.
- Plan and execute actions to improve and enhance stakeholder engagement and education.
- Responsible for effectively and efficiently addressing stakeholder queries / questions in respect of software/technology
- Create practices to ensure understanding of the core business need driving product requirements
- Prepare formal communication / feedback to stakeholders on requests and activities in an understandable format.
- Operate as a central point of contact for the team, and ensure clear and concise communications to stakeholders as and when required.
Grade 12 National Certificate/Vocational providing the experience requirements are met. If not, 3yr tertiary qualification in technology/business (i.e. B.Comm Information Systems)
B.Comm Information Systems
Knowledge and Experience:
- At least 5 years experience in software development management or management of a delivery team including experience in leading a technical team.
- Experience in progressive database or software development roles
- In an environment which required validating work
- Stakeholder relationship engagement and management
- Responsibility for delivery in a fast moving environment
- General business acumen
- The retail credit industry
- Banking industry
- Budgeting and accounting principles
- Business analysis and design
- Implementation and maintenance of financial and contact centre systems and procedures
- Project Management principles and methodologies
- Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
Central Collections environment
Agile development principles
Should you not receive a response from us within one week of your application, your application has unfortunately not been successful.