Our client is a State Owned Company operating within the science and research sector. They require the services of the Divisional Group Executive: Natural Resources, Enabling Infrastructure, Public and Professional to be based at their head office in Pretoria.
- The incumbent will drive the leadership, strategy development and implementation, financial sustainability, capability development, performance, operations and governance within the division;
- She / He will lead the research, development localisation, and commercialisation of technologies and knowledge solutions from a sound scientific and technological base;
- The incumbent will garner and utilise market insights to inform the organisation’s agenda for scientific and technological development, and take its products and innovations to the market;
- The incumbent will also be accountable for high-level stakeholder engagement in the private and public sectors, and will drive collaboration with relevant local and international parties;
- The incumbent will act as a role model, embracing and demonstrating the professional and ethical values and purpose of the organisation.
- Lead and provide strategic direction to the Natural Resources, Enabling Infrastructure, Public and Professional Service;
- Drive alignment of divisional Research, Development and Innovation (RDI) and commercialisation strategies with the trends, needs and opportunities of the relevant sectors aligned with the organisation’s strategic objectives;
- Lead and maintain high-level stakeholder engagement in industry and the public sector;
- Drive strategic investment of parliamentary grant to leverage further income from other funding sources;
- Be accountable for financial sustainability, including income diversification, revenue generation, profit and loss;
- Drive and maintain a balanced portfolio of research, development and commercialisation as per the organisation’s vision;
- Drive investment in strategic capabilities for current and future competitiveness;
- Be accountable for quality, health and safety;
- Be accountable for people development, succession planning and transformation;
- Evaluate and manage the divisional risks in terms of people, property, finances and goodwill; and
- Live corporate values; foster a culture of collaboration within and between divisions.
Qualifications and experience
- A Doctoral degree in science or engineering;
- Five years executive-level experience, and ten years of senior management experience in research, development innovation and commercialisation in industry or a leading research and technology organisation;
- Relevant industry experience in one or more sectors that are relevant to the division;
- Proven track record of managing a minimum budget of R200 million linked to RDI initiatives;
- Proven track record of successful IP commercialisation;
- Evidence of high-level stakeholder management and industry-related networks;
- Excellent communicator with strong, demonstrable business acumen; and
- Demonstrated experience of strong people management and organisational development skills.
A market-related remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered to the successful candidate.
How to apply
Please e-mail your CV together with copies of relevant qualifications and ID to Colin Khomeliwa before 12:00 noon on 30 June 2019.
It is believed that prospective candidates earning below R1,2m per annum will not possess the requisite experience including the optimisation of the large divisional budget. Dialogue will only be entertained with prospective candidates that are Phd holders.
Applications will also be accepted from non-South Africans resident abroad.
Correspondence will only be made with shortlisted candidates; if you do not hear from us by 07 July 2019, please consider your application unsuccessful.