Job Advert Summary
An opportunity has arisen for a high calibre Code 10 who will be based at our Fair Cape Farm - Durbanville. Please refer to the minimum requirements, duties and responsibilities below for further information on the position.
CANDIDATES NEED TO LIVE WITHIN CLOSE PROXIMATELY OF FAIR CAPE FARM DURBANVILLE (KRAAIFONTEIN, DURBANVILLE, MALMESBURY, MILNERTON, BOTHASIG, GOODWOOD, PAROW & BRACKENFELL) MAY APPLY TODAY.
- Grade 11
- Code 10 + Valid PDP
- 8 ton truck experience
- Medically fit
- Five years articulated driving experience with distribution of Goods.
- Defensive driving
- Eaton Fuller gearbox and ZF gearbox driving
- Function and location of vehicle components Road Traffic Act (i.e. operating a vehicle)
- Driver actions regarding to weather/road/traffic conditions
- Reporting procedure of emergencies and defects
- Vehicle inspections and operating a fire extinguisher
- Maximizing vehicle cost-effectiveness and efficiency
- Vehicle loading techniques
- Own reliable transport
Duties & Responsibilities
- Completing daily vehicle inspections, prepare vehicle for trip and operate heavy duty vehicle
- Along with the drivers assistant, pack the truck with the days order.
- Arrange for the stock list to be transferred with the store manager prior to leaving the depot in the morning;
- Handle required documentation and perform ancillary duties
- The driver is required to utilize the route planner. The driver may not deviate from this route.
- Prepared to work shifts, weekends and public holidays
- Safe driving record and clean criminal record
- Working with refrigerated/temperature controlled trucks.
Fair Cape Recruitment