Our client is a State Owned Company operating within the science and research sector. They require the services of the Executive Manager: Mining Cluster to be based at their head office in Pretoria.
- The incumbent will provide strategic direction, drive the leadership, strategy development and implementation, financial sustainability, capability development, performance, operations and governance within the Mining Cluster in line with the trends, opportunities and needs of the mining and related industries, and in alignment with the organisation’s strategy, vision and mission;
- She/ He will lead the research, development localisation, and commercialisation of technologies and knowledge solutions from a sound scientific and technological base;
- She / He will utilise market insights to inform our scientific and technological development, and take our products and innovations to the market;
- The incumbent will also be accountable for in-depth stakeholder engagement in the private and public sectors in mining and related industries;
- The incumbent will act as a role model, embracing and demonstrating the professional and ethical values and purpose of the organisation.
- Lead and provide strategic direction to the Mining Cluster;
- Drive alignment of the Mining Cluster strategy with the trends, needs and opportunities of the mining and related industries;
- Account for the financially sustainability, profit and loss of the cluster;
- Ensure that cluster operations are managed effectively, and that there is timely and accurate reporting;
- Invest allocated parliamentary grant guided by divisional priorities and the organisation’s strategy to effectively leverage income from other sources and to build strategic capabilities for current and future competitiveness of the mining and related industries;
- Maintain a balanced portfolio of research, development and commercialisation per divisional priorities and organisation vision;
- Drive collaboration with parties in the national system of innovation, and leading relevant parties globally;
- Account for cluster quality, health, safety and impact;
- Lead in-depth stakeholder engagement in industry and public sector
- Ensure cluster compliance with all the organisation’s policies and relevant legislation;
- Live corporate values; foster a culture of collaboration within and between divisions.
Qualifications and experience
- A Master’s degree in geology, geosciences, mining engineering or related fields. A Doctoral and/or business qualification will be an added advantage;
- Five years senior management experience in a Research, Development and Innovation (RDI) and commercialisation industry or leading research and technology organisation (RTO);
- Proven track record of managing minimum annual budget of R100 million linked to RDI initiatives in industry or leading RTO;
- Proven track record of successful IP commercialisation;
- Evidence of high level stakeholder management, mining and industry related networks;
- Excellent communicator with strong, demonstrable business acumen; and
- Demonstrated experience of strong people management and organisational development skills.
A market-related remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered to the successful candidate.
How to apply
Please e-mail your CV together with copies of relevant qualifications and ID to Colin Khomeliwa before 12:00 noon 30 June 2019.
Correspondence will only be made with shortlisted candidates; if you do not hear from us by 07 July 2019, please consider your application unsuccessful.