Ideal Candidate :
Main duties and responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to:
Responsible for the promotion and sales of products, services and solutions to the African Baking, Catering, Refrigeration, Hospitality, Food and Beverage Industries.
- Responsible for achieving sales targets and the planned increase of market share via excellent customer service, appropriate marketing activities and effective stock management.
- Management of export operations by directing and coordinating activities consistent with established goals, objectives, policies and procedures.
- Maintain a current knowledge of the Company products/services/solutions, policies, procedures and projects as well as market conditions and competition.
- Responsible to set up and maintain a dealer network in countries targeted by the export sales programme.
- Set up and deliver sales presentations, product/service demonstrations and other sales solutions to customers and various decision making audiences.
- Enter new customer data and update changes to existing accounts in the corporate database.
- Establish and maintain ongoing rapport with existing and potential customers.
- Investigate and troubleshoot customer service/product issues.
- Appropriately communicate brand identity and corporate position to target markets.
- Maintain code of ethics, integrity and passion at all times.
- Provide prompt and courteous customer service at all times.
- Work closely with customers to determine their requirements.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of competitor’s products, services and solutions for comparison.
- Answer questions and offer suggestions to customers based on a thorough knowledge of products, services and solutions offered by the Company.
- Develop new accounts, maintain current accounts and expand the Company’s database of customers internationally.
- Responsible for weekly/monthly/quarterly sales data and reports.
- Responsible to take steps as required by the Company to conduct business in emerging or declining markets.
- Monitor reports on the stability of countries where the Company conducts business.
- Develop and maintain a routine calling schedule on existing customers and future customers.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
Grade 12 (or equivalent)
- Degree in Sales and Marketing or an acceptable combination of education and experience.
- Post graduate qualification in Sales and Marketing and/or business management (beneficial)
- Driver’s license
- Valid passport
- Able to travel extensively and spend excessive time abroad
- Able to attend training sessions, nationally and internationally
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office Package)
- French and/or Portuguese language proficiency – highly beneficial
- Able to work individually and as part of a team
- Proven sales record and knowledge of the African markets