Summary of Roles & Responsibilities
Analyse programmable logic controller programs for the purpose of modification, designing, fault finding
and error proofing on machines and equipment.
• Correct various program logic, electronic and electrical type of faults on machines in order to support safety, quality and production.
• Plan and develop PLC installations for replacement or modifying of current equipment in the Plant.
• Program drives, to optimise reliability and efficiency.
• Backup programs on all Robots and PLC applications in plant and load onto Plant server system.
• Update all the relevant documentation for any software and hardware changes made on plant equipment.
• Check and compile information on systems, validate safety requirements drawings and computer programs.
• Do program changes on PLC’s and program robots as requested from ME, process and production.
• Assess breakdown root cause and develop countermeasures to prevent reoccurrence.
• Assist and support artisans in fault finding and breakdowns.
• Establish and maintain electronic maintenance schedules for equipment within the area of responsibility.
• Establish and maintain a stock of electronic spare parts required to ensure continuous availability of machinery.
• Assist and support Contractors with new installations and do validation and as building after completion of projects.
• Develop efficiency improvement initiatives by effective utilization of utilities, materials and resources.
• Read and understand technical manuals for equipment operations and maintenances.
• Understanding of BMS procedures, policies and the companies Manufacturing Systems (IMS)
• Project manage contractor software development and equipment installation.
• Understand resistance welding process and set up
At least 4 years of experience as a artisan.
• Completed a diploma in a relevant tertiary education (Mechatronic / Electrical Engineering) diploma/N6 electrical level.
• High level of Competence on Fanuc Robots.
• Knowledge of analog systems.
• Knowledge of networks and PLC communication systems
• Computer literacy, knowledge and experience in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Windows.
• Knowledge of OHS act and its regulations, safety systems and standards.
• Able to work overtime and rotating shifts as required
• Good interpersonal and leadership skills
• Demonstrated history of flexibility and adaptability in setting priorities and managing multiple tasks under pressure
• Must be available after hours and weekend work
Competencies & Skills
• Knowledge of programming logic controllers, robotics/control & automation equipment.
• Sound mechanical experience would be advantageous
• Competent and be able to manipulate and program Fanuc Robots.
• Understand networks
• Successfully completed a recognised mechanical or electrical learner ship or diploma within a maintenance
environment, two years served in the automotive industry.
• Experience within a highly automated environment, including PLC’s, Robotics, SCADA, HMI’s Pneumatics,
Hydraulics, Mechanics, Jigs, Fixtures, CO 2 Welding, Resistance Spot welding and Hoists
• Demonstrates honesty, integrity, and trust. Exhibits ethical behaviours as outlined in IMSAf ethics policy
Please forward CV and ALL supporting documentation to,