Leading Engineering Firm
This Group Financial Manager position for an Engineering Firm reports to the CEO and is a challenging role with lots of scope & opportunity to show your abilities & make a difference.
- Manage the finance activities across the Group, ensuring the required financial management and reporting standards at subsidiary and group level are met.
- Manage the fiscal activities of the Group and holding company to ensure a high level of accuracy, integrity and sustainability.
- Plan and develop systems and procedures to improve the operating quality and efficiencies of all departments and subsidiaries ensuring alignment with Group objectives.
- Provide leadership and strategic guidance to staff in Finance and Procurement across the Group.
- Ensure a strong financial internal control environment.
- Foster standardisation and consistency across the group in all financial related aspects.
- B.Com (Accounting) degree plus completed articles
- A professional qualification such as AGA(SA) or Professional Accountant (SA)
You will have at least 7+ years of relevant work experience as a Financial Manager in a large engineering firm that deals with construction and mining projects and have:
- Experience in the preparation and finalisation of accounts in accordance with current South African regulations and International Financial Reporting Standards
- Knowledge of strategic and financial planning including activity costing, benchmarking, performance tracking and KPIs
- Experience in budget preparation and reporting
- Experience in goods and services procurement processes
- Practical exposure to Accounting, Reconciliations Trial Balance
- Knowledge and working experience of MS-Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Accounting Software (Pastel, SAP, Caseware)
- Strong technical accounting knowledge
- Strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills
- Team oriented, collaborative, respectful, positive, flexible style and a strong work ethic