Our client in the Engineering, Procurement and Management industry is looking to hire a Mechanical Engineer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Must be able to function well in a team environment.
- Must be able to deliver the HVAC, Lifts, Wet Services and Fire rational designs in totality. The incumbent will be responsible for all mechanical design activities for the assigned project scope.
- Strong knowledge of Mechanical Building Services design principles, practices and deliverables through various project execution stages.
- Communication with the professional team and key project stakeholders throughout project execution stages.
- Compilation of tender documents including bills of quantities and specifications outlining the expected standard of installation required for the project.
- Compilation of stage completion reports, tender adjudication reports and construction progress reports.
- Will be required to travel to project sites on an as needed basis to support the design and/or construction activities.
- Attend site progress meetings and technical meetings.
- Conduct site inspections, site supervision and construction administration.
- Overall project management and project administration.
- Technical support to Senior Project Managers & Project Directors.
- Must have a BSc or BEng degree, Pr. Eng or eligible to register with ECSA.
- Be willing to relocate to Pretoria - Gauteng.
- Have at least a minimum of 5 years Mechanical Building Services experience.
- Have experience on the following Computer Software Programs:
- MS Project
- HAP or Loadest
- Proficient in Wet, Fire, HVAC, and Lift services design.
- Sound knowledge of statutory standards and regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong teamwork skills required.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong time management skills as you will be working on multiple projects.
- Be able to work effectively and efficiently in a team.
- Experience on both brown field and green field projects will be an advantage.