- B.Sc or S4 Technical Diploma (Mechanical and/or Electrical Government Certificate of Competency).
- Electrical Engineers Certificate of Competency (GCC) is a must.
- Minimum 5 to 8 years proven experience in a leadership position gained in a manufacturing environment is key to success.
- Experience in the application of World Class Manufacturing techniques and a high degree of computer literacy is essential.
- Direct and co-ordinate the Engineering activity of the Production Maintenance, Engineering Support and Project Engineering teams, as well as planning, directing and controlling plant improvement projects.
- Analyse plant and equipment failures, initiating and following through action plan to reduce to a level insignificance and to implement the permanent fix.
- Set and maintain Engineering standards and systems of the process plant and equipment.
- Teach and coach the Engineering, Production and Support teams regarding Engineering and process matters.
- Develop and implement Engineering and process technology, operating philosophies and practices to optimise product quality and eliminate waste through yield improvement and engineering machine availability.
- Ensure that all engineering systems and standards are in place and audited.
- Provide technical expertise and support for Engineering, Production and Product Technical departments.
- Provision of effective engineering maintenance planning and maintenance information support activities.
- Plan and control total plant Capex and departmental budgets.
- Plan, organise and co-ordinate all activities regarding compliance to South African Law as regards the OHSA, Environmental and other applicable legislation.
Please note, if you have not had a response from us within 30 days after the closing date, kindly accept that your application has been unsuccessful.