- Lead the new product development of Own Brand products within your assigned category and ensure the maintenance of the existing range.
- Compile the Own Brand Launch plan based on category plans and in accordance with the overall strategies and priorities.
- Manage the product development process for assigned categories, including estimating volumes, target price and margin, and benchmark products, creation of product and design briefs, sourcing of suppliers, negotiating better costs, supplier agreements and new line administration.
- Utilize category management principles to identify product and brand opportunities, and provide the solution required to realize these opportunities.
- Develop and maintain sustainable, mutually beneficial long-term relationships with suppliers and the customer
- Investigate ways to continuously improve the quality standards of the product ranges, through local and international benchmarking.
- Initiate and manage packaging development for the range, ensuring briefs communicate appropriate features & benefits and are consistent with brand values.
- Adopt a customer- facing way of working and gain an intimate understanding of the various segments through using the customer’s research resources.
- Achieve budgeted goals for area of accountability through management of assigned categories, business analysis, and strategic recommendations.
- Category financial management & reporting: understanding article cost, margin and profitability within assigned category to ensure Account’s private label objectives are achieved.
- Create & manage yearly objectives and business sales plans for the achievement of budgeted brokerage.
- Identify, analyze and interpret lifestyle and retail trends to ensure that the category continues to deliver strategic leading-edge innovation and profitable sales growth.
- Develop strong customer and supplier relationships by developing and delivering on mutually established goals; enhance the Company’s connectivity with business partners.
- Motivate, direct and inspire team members to deliver on the agreed upon metrics of the customer and suppliers in conjunction with the needed resources/teams.
- Integrate with cross-functional team i.e category management, design, commercial and compliance with regards to the launching of competitive, differentiated and profitable ranges.
- A related qualification.
- 3 - 5 years’ experience in the FMCG sector
- 3 years project management / product / brand management / business development experience
- A solid background in Category Management and Marketing Management