Regional Legal Counsel (Telecoms)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious and experienced Regional Legal Counsel for a Pan African telecoms firm.
You will for ensuring compliance with the best corporate and legal practices and ensuring effective corporate governance practices.
You will meet the following criteria:
- LLB Degree or similar Law related Degree.
- Must be an admitted attorney
- 5+ years’ post qualification experience in a similar role
- 3+ years’ experience within the telecoms sector (non negotiable)
- South Africa and Africa experience is required
- Good communicator both verbally and in writing
- Good understanding of applicable company and industry legislation within Southern Africa and application thereof
- Excellent contract drafting and legal analysis experience
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing high quality legal and related advice/analysis on all areas of company business.
- Drafting, interpreting and negotiating company contracts, letters, filings, and other documentation.
- Managing and co-ordinating company’s approach towards litigation/other proceedings to which the Company is party or potentially party.
- Ensuring, tracking and monitoring group companies’ compliance with legal obligations as identified
- Monitoring changes in regulation (supported by external legal counsel where necessary), and identifying areas of compliance regulation that may impact on the business at either a local or a group level.
- Advising the business on regulatory and compliance requirements.
- Liaising with other parties’ legal advisors/representatives as required.
- Undertaking legal research as required.
- Company secretarial work (South Africa and Mozambique)
Location: Successful incumbent will primarily be based in Johannesburg (Northern Suburbs)
To apply or for further details send us an detailed CV (in MS Word format), along with current salary details and availability / notice period - via email to --------Please upload your CV here-------- (LC_CH_J)