Market leader in the wholesale and distribution industry requires a Regional Sales Manager for the West Rand, Vaal Triangle, North West, Limpopo, and Botswana areas.
The person will be responsible for ensuring the effectiveness of the external sales force in the achievement of sales targets and profitability of key accounts in said areas.
The person must have sales management experience in the hardware/tooling or plumbing, cement, paint, or electrical industries.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Minimum Matric
- Post Matric qualification preferable
- Minimum 5 years' sales management experience in the industrial sector (hardware and tooling industry or plumbing, cement, paint, or electrical industries)
- Must have a valid driver's license and own car
Key Performance Areas:
Achievement of Sales Targets
- Ensure achievement of industrial sales targets
- Ensure achievement retail GP margin
- Increased turnover of existing Customers
- Increased turnover from new business
- Increased turnover from new product sales
- Manage the frequency and cost effectiveness of the call cycles of sales representatives
- Manage a structured sales process to ensure quality of calling
- Tracking of the usage of the tools provided to sales reps in training
- Tracking of segmentation of high priority and low priority customers
Management of Key Account
- Build trust and confidence of Customer in the Company, through reliable and consistent service
- Increase usage of Rapid Trade
- Resolve complaints and queries effectively
- Monitor turnaround of Customer's returns and repairs and escalate where required
- Determine and manage the Customer's expectations regarding stock and delivery
Develop Product Knowledge
- Develop expert product knowledge in the Company range
Manage Human Resources
- Manage head counts within agreed budgets
- Achieve Employment Equity targets
- Maintain effective leave planning and absenteeism management
- Facilitate training and development interventions
- Review performance in discussion with employees, agree ratings and set goals for new period
- Continuously communicate and provide constructive feedback and coaching to employees
- Take disciplinary action where required
Should you not have received a response to your application within 30 days' of applying please consider your application unsuccessful.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.