PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The primary purpose of the job is to perform the role of Regulatory and Management Accountant of the Bank, reporting to the Reporting Manager and supporting Business unit Heads. This mainly includes producing, analysing and submitting various Regulatory returns to the South African Reserve Bank (SARB) and management reports to internal stakeholders. The position further includes the maintenance of the various reporting models used in production.
1. BA Reporting
- Co-ordinate and source the required information from all systems and departments necessary to produce all relevant BA returns for the Bank.
- Ensure correct formatting of all information.
- Prepare the relevant BA returns for submission to SARB (in MS Excel.)
- Financial returns: BA100, BA110, BA120, BA125, BA130
- Risk returns: BA200, BA 210, BA400, BA410, BA500, BA501, BA600, BA700
- Economic returns: BA900, BA920, BA930, BA941- 944
2. Bank management accounting and reporting to Executive
3. Divisional management accounting information analysis and reporting
4. Conduct various ad hoc investigations and analyses of income, expenses, and asset, liability and equity items in conjunction with the Reporting- as well as General Ledger accounting team.
5. Budget and forecast preparation.
KEY COMPETENCIES (Skills, knowledge & personal attributes)
- Computer Literacy - advanced level of proficiency in Excel.
- Basel II and Basel III knowledge.
- Knowledge of DixII will be beneficial.
Minimum formal education or NQF equivalent:
- Matric and B Comm Business / Accounting degree
- 3 to 5 years in a similar role or Regulatory Accountant / Auditor role
- Basel II and Basel III (BA returns)
- Management accounting and budgeting within a financial institution
Should you not receive a response from us within one week of your application, your application has unfortunately not been successful.