Our Client, a well-established Retirement Fund Administration Organization, based in Braamfontein, Johannesburg, is seeking to URGENTLY appoint a dynamic Risk and Compliance Manager.
The role will report to the CFO and Manage auditors (including internal and external audits) and ensuring continuous improvement in annual evaluations, thereby accepting full ownership for the overall integrity and accuracy of the organization’s financial information and reporting across the organization, including timely provision of the organization’s statutory reporting, forecasts and budgets, to meet business needs and to provide proactive advice and guidance to Business Units in respect to audited corporate financials to consistently inform the Company’s performance.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
- Jointly Manage auditors (including internal and external audits) and ensuring continuous improvement in annual evaluations
- Ensuring all transactions are Complete, Accurate and Valid at all times and timeous processing of debtors, creditors, cashbook and general ledger in line with Regulatory Reporting Requirements for Retirement Funds, the rules of the fund and the provisions of the Pension Fund Act.
- Work closely with the senior leadership team to establish and deliver on EBIT and BP metrics
- Provides financial advice and guidance to budget holders
- Mentors and provides advice and guidance to the Finance and Management Accounting functions
- Responsible for financial reporting and financial management control environment
- Prepares commentary, analysis and recommendations regarding budgets and forecasts
- Ensures appropriate management and control of the Company’s fixed asset registers and processes
- Manage subordinates and ensures appropriate KPI’s are in place and reviewed by the business on a monthly basis
- Maximises financial performance and accuracy by providing support to the business ensuring they understand their performance against budgets on a monthly basis
- Ensures the appropriate relationship and collaboration between the finance, Fund and payroll
- Monitors, analyses and reports on overall company performance and efficiencies
- Conducts reviews and drives cost efficiency opportunities
- Maintains integrity and relevance of the financial systems
- Ensures internal controls are maintained in line with the fund’s policy
- Cash flow management
- Tax compliance and management
- CA (SA)
- 3-5 years’ experience in the retirement fund industry (a distinct advantage)
- Risk and Compliance Corporate Accounting experience
- Financial management and financial reporting experience
- An understanding of the regulatory reporting applicable to the Pension Fund and related environment
- Sound knowledge of accounting principles and practices, especially within an investment accounting environment
- Experience in managing a team
- Advanced Excel skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong numeracy abilities
- Excellent time management
- People management skills
- Problem solving
- Client Focus: Effectively meeting member needs; building inspiring relationships; and taking responsibility for member experience.
- Decision Making: The ability to make balanced and sound recommendations and decisions, by understanding issues and problems, evaluating the consequences of alternative solutions and to select the most appropriate alternative. Recommendations and decisions need to be implementable, effective and well thought through.
- Gaining Commitment: Using appropriate interpersonal styles and communication techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; adapting one's own style to accommodate the target audience.
- Initiating Action: Taking prompt action to accomplish objectives; pushing beyond the boundaries and being proactive.
- Ownership: Assuming responsibility and accountability for the successful completion of tasks and adhering consistency to standards of excellence. Ensuring that all relevant detail has been considered.
- Technical Knowledge: Having achieved a Full performance level of technical knowledge, related to a specific role.
- Tenacity: Continually striving for the achievement of realistic goals in the face of obstacles, setbacks and failure.
APPLY NOW !
- The closing date for applications is 23rd August 2019.
- Should you not receive our relayed invitation for an interview with the client within two weeks of the closing date, please accept your application as having been unsuccessful.
- The client reserves the right not to make an appointment.
PLEASE FORWARD THIS OPPORTUNITY TO A FRIEND, SHOULD IT NOT BE IN LINE WITH YOUR CAREER ASPIRATIONS.