The Sales Development Representative is responsible for selling the business’s products & services. He/she
is responsible for implementing sales plans, documenting quotes, and reporting sales performance to the
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THE ROLE
To acquire new business for the hospitality division.
Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis for potential customers to meet their needs.
Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within determined schedule through achieving or exceeding allocated Sales Quota.
Sales quota to be reviewed annually.
Follow up on leads by visiting prospective clients regularly, often enough to maintain their interest but not too often to alienate them.
Analyse the territory/market potential, track sales and provide status reports.
To entertain prospective clients, where possible combining this with visits to existing satisfied customers.
Coordinate sales effort with all team members and departments/divisions required
To maintain communication with the client showing an ongoing interest in the installation and the installation team.
Ensure that all funds are collected on time as per the contract.
To complete a daily log of all activities, quotations sent and lost business.
Analyse statistics thereby identifying key sales areas, problems, and success rate.
To research prospective client details, finding out as much as possible about the company to ensure a professional approach.
To constantly monitor and be aware of competitor activity.
To present a realistic proposal to a prospective client, having thoroughly researched cost factors, and ensure that the proposal is achievable.
To constantly be aware of new business opportunities and action these.
Maintain communications with the office daily.
Forward relevant product information, fixes, workarounds, known issues, etc… to relevant personnel within the company.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
* Matric / Grade 12 / Equivalent
* Minimum 5 years’ experience within sales
* Valid passport
* Own reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license
* Willing to travel
* Understanding of Hospitality environment or experience in Information Technology Sector (IT) beneficial
* Proficient in Microsoft product suite
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALITIES
• Highly motivated, self-disciplined and target driven with proven track record in sales
• Excellent selling, negotiation, and communication skills
• Excellent customer service
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office
• Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs