Our Client a Leading Financial Institute is seeking a Senior Procurement and Transformation manager to join their team in Sandton.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
The Senior Manager: Transformation and Procurement is responsible for identifying and driving
the Transformation and Procurement initiatives for our client in accordance with the
strategic framework of the Group.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
- Track the BEE scorecard for the Group and provide feedback at the quarterly Transformation
- Steerco meetings.
- Co-ordinate the annual BEE verification process for the Group.
- Identify, facilitate and support initiatives to improve the BEE rating of the Group.
- Develop and execute procurement strategies for goods and services and execute strategic sourcing and spend analyses as well as identify key procurement savings opportunities in order to maximize the value received by business units and functional areas.
- Work across the Group to clearly understand current spend, procurement requirements by category.
- Responsible for all procurement of materials and services and ensuring their timely delivery.
- Facilitates the formulation and finalization of all contracts as required, in consultation with the Legal, Risk and Compliance teams (as appropriate) and impacted business units to ensure contracts comply with the policies and procedures of the Group.
- Identify and mitigate the Group’s risk exposure through contract evaluation and negotiation, in consultation with the relevant Legal, Risk and Compliance teams.
- Provide guidance, recommendations and strategies regarding contract management and administration of best practice.
- Implement process improvements in all phases of the procurement cycle – supplier rationalization, volume aggregation, management of specifications, demand management to reduce and manage overall corporate spend.
- Work with the Finance team to ensure strong business controls are in place for all procurement activities including cost management and cost tracking.
- Develop and improve requisitioning and payables processes for service contracts, long term agreements and key supplier accounts taking opportunities where appropriate to establish common system processes across the Group.
- Develop an annual plan and budget, ensuring the efficient utilization of allocated resources.
- Produce regular and ad hoc reports and analyses on activities and programmes in relation to benchmarks and scorecards set for continuous improvement.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by engaging in professional development activities.
- Participates in the recruitment and selection of procurement and contracts staff and ensure the effective management and development of staff.
- Manage and lead a small team in delivering on its mandate.
- Guide, motivate, train and develop staff.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Education – minimum Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Economics, Finance, Engineering or similar.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience with transformation, procurement, contract and supply management with at least 4 years spent in a supervisory/leadership role demonstrating progressive responsibility.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of best practice procurement techniques.
- Demonstrated experience in drafting, negotiating, executing, and managing contracts / service agreements.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of the Financial Sector Charter.
- Change management experience implementing strategic sourcing and procurement initiatives.
- Experience in facilitating Requests for Proposals and analyzing the subsequent bids received.
- Demonstrated experience in vendor management, including procurement responsibilities and cost-effective use of third-party consultants.
- A high degree of computer literacy and advanced MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Impeccable ethics and a high level of integrity.
- Current knowledge of industry practices, trends and issues.
- Experience in budget planning and implementation.
- Highly developed organisational, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong management or leadership skills as exhibited by experience in effectively leading a team.
- Superior interpersonal skills as demonstrated by the ability to form professional relationships at all levels of the organisation and with external stakeholders.
- Previous experience working in a banking or financial institution is preferred.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
- Maintain high levels of resilience
- Flexible and able to manage change effectively
- Good client interpersonal and influencing skills
- Analytical, systematic and methodical whilst working to pressures and time constraints
- Able to manage own workload and that of team, whilst balancing conflicting demands and priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- High level of integrity and honesty in dealing with finances
- Focused on problem solving and delivery
- Organisational awareness