Job Title: Temp General Manager: Regional Operations
Location: 1 x North West (Mahikeng)
1 x Eastern Cape (East London)
Duration: 6 Months
Manage regional operations through planning, coordinating, technical support, and guidance to regional programme delivery. The role is further responsible for championing of emerging contractors and designated groups empowerment in programme delivery.
MAIN KPAs /OBJECTIVES
- Oversee regional strategic – and operations management.
- Ensure integrated infrastructure delivery planning and support.
- Ensure stakeholder management.
- Oversee application of portfolio management standards and norms.
- Initiate business development initiatives.
- Provide regional programmes delivery and technical support.
- Provide emerging contractor and designated groups empowerment.
- Ensure construction sector internal expertise improvement.
- Oversee financial/supply chain management and governance.
- Direct resource allocation and management.
- Sub-unit leadership and management.
- Minimum of a Postgraduate Degree in Business Administration / Business Management or Business closely related field
- A formal qualification in Project Management.
- A formal qualification in the built environment would be an added advantage.
JOB RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
- 8 years’ management experience within the built environment, 3 of which must be at a senior management level.
- Experience in Programme Management, Planning and Strategy implementation.
Job related knowledge and competencies
- Business management.
- Construction management.
- General and strategic and operations management.
- Programme management.
- Financial management.
- Budget management and cost control.
- Supply chain management.
- Monitoring and evaluation.
- Business planning.
- Progress and performance reporting.
Job Related Skills
- Strategic thinking.
- Communication (oral & written).
- Problem solving.
- Relationships building.
- Negotiations skills.
- Thought leadership.
- Stakeholder management.
- Knowledge management.
- Team player.