Our client is a leading providing in M-Smart Technology with international business operations. They are seeking a UI-UX Designer to join their dynamic forward thinking team in Pretoria.
To ensure that products makes sense to the user by creating a path that logically flows from one step to the next. as well as to ensure it visually communicates that path.The primary focus will be to come up with innovative design solutions that are out-of-the-box and up to date with or even exceeding current design trends, improving and streamlining the design processes.
- Diploma in Graphic Design, Digital Media or equivalent
- Degree in Graphic Design, Digital Media or equivalent
- 2 Years experience
- Experience in UI/UX designs as well as mobile/tablet app design.
- Graphic Design with the following programs: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, other vector based software (proof of projects will be required).
- Iconography, illustration and mobile app based design.
- Campaign and promotion design and layout.
- Corporate identity design and establishment.
- Print and digital marketing collateral design.
- Proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint or other related software to design presentations.
- Sketch would be advantageous.
- 3D design and animation experience would be advantageous.
- Adobe Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- Strong computer skills and excellent knowledge of Google Suite.
- Generating Ideas
- Showing Composure
- Inviting Feedback
- Team Working
- Meeting Timescales
- Checking Things
- Producing Output
- Managing Tasks
- Adopting Practical Approaches
- Developing Expertise
- Providing Insights
- Exploring Possibilities
- Convincing People
- Articulating Information
- Thinking Positively
- Embracing Change
- Valuing Individuals
- Following Procedures
- Upholding Standards
- Taking Action
UI/UX – 40%
- Designer effectively conducts research about targeted users to develop a clear understanding of their needs, define interaction models, design wireframes, and build prototypes.
- User testing and reviewing metrics and focus-group reactions are effectively executed be so designer is able to make the necessary tweaks to enhance the product.
- From the UI perspective, effective layouts should be designed (e.g colours combinations, in-app font style (all relating to graphic design elements) for both Mobile or Desktop apps.
- Designer has an understanding of the basic HTML/CSS for layout creation.
- Be involved in the planning, design and development of application UX and UI, coming up with improvements and ideas as much as possible (i.e. app design).
- Design elements and iconography for mobile applications.
Graphic Design – 50%
- Manage time efficiently and be able to deliver quality designs within set time framework Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and other vector based software.
- Design content for social media, as well as other types of media for campaigns, proposals and pitches.
- Design of traditional media such as brochures, flyers, business cards etc.
- Design professional presentations to be used for international pitches and conferences.
- Present designs and ideas to the Leads or to Company stakeholders.
- Gather research on the latest design trends.
- Contribute to the growth of co-worker
- Take ownership of assigned projects as well as contributing with new and innovative design ideas.
Supplier Liaison – 10%
- Send final text and design to printers in PDF format and request proof copies.
- Record all final drafts and follow up for delivery.
- Receive proof copies and distribute within department for sign-off and approval.
- Receive proofreading copies, edit the electronic versions and PDF as final to printers.