- A trade certificate as Diesel Mechanic, as well as a welding qualification is required.
- 5 Years working experience in managing a fully operational workshop is essential, including 3 years practical experience in fault finding and problem solving.
- Significant knowledge of hydraulics (Bell Versalift, TLB, Skidsteers, Tractors, Trucks, Trailers and bakkies) is also required.
- Achieve budgeted costs pertaining to maintenance of machines and vehicles;
- Manage contractors within budget and meeting set requirements;
- Maintain and manage documented preventative maintenance program for all vehicles;
- Responsible for all actions and response relating to stuck vehicles, accidents and other unforeseen transport related issues when needed;
- Achieve and maintain a Heatco score of above 5 on all facilities;
- Interaction with all suppliers relating to outsourced yellow metal requirements;
- Drive the focus of direct reports, ensuring the ultimate achievement of goals and objectives and holding individuals accountable for their KPIs.