Purpose of position:
This role is positioned in our Enterprise Productivity Team, within Infrastructure and Operations environment and will be reporting to the Line Manager. The environment is comprised of a multi-site, multi-forest Active Directory infrastructure, and supports MS Exchange-based messaging services, MS SharePoint collaboration services, MS SQL Services, Single Sign-on services, File and Print Services, MS-based configuration and software update management systems, systems performance management and infrastructure
- Administration and troubleshooting of the MS Active Directory; Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP); Remote Desktop Services (RDS); and Domain Name System (DNS).
- Resolve incidents and fulfil service requests using a service management ticket tool and change management processes. ?
- Provide level 3 support for core Windows roles and features.
- Creation of DHCP scopes, DNS zones ?
- Maintain, enhance and develop server systems ?
- Maintain server infrastructure to ensure minimal service disruption and the efficient running business systems, by adhering to ITIL foundation principles or equivalent documented procedures. ?
- Troubleshoot, manage and resolve all Microsoft Exchange, Office and AD related calls. ?
- Provide general 3rd level support across a stack of technology sets ?
- On-going maintenance and creation of documents for messaging environments (housekeeping, health checks etc.). ?
- System and application installation and configuration. ?
- Ensuring that response times are kept within the parameters set in the SLA, including proactive problem identification and resolution.
- Provide input into the development of IT processes and policies.
Experience & Qualifications:
- Matric certificate
- Minimum 4 years working experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of SLA’s
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Experienced with multiple hardware platforms and operating systems
- Flexible to work longer hours when required
- Own transport
- Must be in possession of at least two of the following certifications/qualifications:MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCITP, VMWARE, Storage (Various) or similar
- Team Player
- Communication on all levels
- Accepting change and challenges
- Working Independently and providing self-direction
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent organizational skills
- Design and Implement
- Willing to learn new technologies, accept challenges
- Ability to identify tasks which require automation, enhancement or change
- Adhere to internal Admin processes (i.e. Time allocation per task etc.)
- Actively respond to incidents and requests
- Execute change management activities