The account manager is responsible for selling the business’s products & services. Builds market
position by locating, developing, defining, negotiating, and closing business relationships.
- To follow up on leads by visiting prospective clients regularly, often enough to maintain their
interest but not too often to alienate them.
- To achieve or better allocated Sales Quota. Sales Quota’s will be reviewed annually.
- To identify prospective clients’ exact needs by questioning, observation and the
completion of a full sales survey.
- To entertain prospective clients, where possible combining this with visits to existing satisfied
- To liaise closely with project managers and operational staff on all details of a new
prospective installation. Ensuring operational staff have a full understanding and
agreement on all details.
- To maintain communication with the client showing an ongoing interest in the
installation and the installation team.
- Ensure that all funds are collected on time as per the contract.
- To complete a daily log of all activities, quotations sent and lost business.
- Analyze statistics thereby identifying key sales areas, problems and success rate.
- To research prospective client details, finding out as much as possible about the company to
ensure a professional approach.
- To constantly monitor and be aware of competitor activity.
- To present a realistic proposal to a prospective client, having thoroughly researched cost
factors, and ensure that the proposal is achievable.
- To constantly be aware of new business opportunities and action these
Forward relevant product information, fixes, workarounds, known issues, etc… to
relevant personnel within the company.
- Keep updated on new technologies available, both on MICROS software/hardware products,
third-party software/hardware products, as well as general IT technologies, related to our
- Pass any certification examinations as required by Management.
- Maintain an adequate level of knowledge in MS Windows operating systems and
software utilities as released from time to time.
- Be able to confidently and knowledgeably demonstrate to prospective clients the Micros SA
- Maintain competitor knowledge.
- Maintain client files, filing of all quotations and sales documentation.
- Update and maintain your customer’s details on CRM.
- Maintain your business diary on Microsoft outlook and grant access to the Sales Manager
to view your activities.
- All commission and expense claims to be submitted by the 19th of each month, or as
advised from time to time.
Cape Town, South Africa,
3 to 5 years
Job Reference #: