The position reports to the Takealot's Finance Manager.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing team of accounts payable team leaders, clerks and data capturers. (Performance and talent management including administrative responsibilities)
- Managing process of onboarding new suppliers and maintenance of current suppliers on Pastel.
- Manage supplier’s credit limits, open orders and discount types with suppliers and buyers.
- Quality review of monthly supplier reconciliations (Stock and expense creditors).
- Resolving non-routine supplier queries escalated by team members, retail and warehouse departments.
- Managing ageing of all creditors and ensure timely payment. (Pastel ageing, GRIR and control accounts)
- Perform accounting procedures where required (capturing of discounts etc)
- Ensure all conditional/unconditional rebates are captured and accounted for.
- Ensure all Supplier Returns (RFC’s) are processed and accounted for.
- Monthly reporting of key funding requirements and ageing to stakeholders.
- Managing daily, weekly and monthly payment cycle.
- Upload payment batches onto the bank.
- Uploading/capturing of Bank Statements and perform Bank Reconciliations.
- Identification, investigating and solving of all system and process related issues affecting accounts payable. This includes changing current processes and implementing changes required.
- Preparation of accounts payable reports (including but not limited to Age Analysis, Open Orders, Rebates, RFCs,Credit Limit, GRIR capturing)
- Manage/create Supplier Invoicing (Rebates / Margin Support).
- Follow up on Supplier Invoices and ensure collection (cash/credit note).
- Assist with BEE Certification process.
- Ad-hoc requests from CFO and Finance Managers
- Good communication skills, interpersonal skills
- Work under pressure
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Deadline driven
- Problem solving skills
- Applicants must be in possession of a tertiary qualification (B.Com/B.Tech degree) with accounting as a major subject
- 3 – 5 Years relevant Accounts Payable Manager experience
- Experience in managing big team of clerks/data capturers
- Relevant experience in maintaining large volumes of suppliers/transactions
- Computer proficiency pertaining to MS Office is a prerequisite, strong excel skills
- Pastel experience an advantage