Our client is looking for Traders / Procurers in the following commodities; Oilseeds, Palm Oil, Soya beans, Sunflower or Maize Germ. Individuals will be responsible for the implementation of the company’s sourcing strategy and will report into the CEO.
Candidates DO NOT need to be situated in Durban. Candidates based in JHB may also apply.
- Preparation and implementation of the Commodity sourcing strategy under the direction of the CEO
- Negotiating, contracting, coordinating and optimisation of the Commodity provision of the company
- Build and entertain good relationships with key industry customers, suppliers and service providers (brokers, transporters) through frequent visits and regular market information telephone calls.
- Get involved in hedging operations, FX covers, and risk mitigating procedures
- Client contact and monitoring of contract progress
- Logistic management of company products
- Assistance with any functions as requested by the CEO
- Knowledge and relevant experience in the grain, oilseeds or soya bean market
- Great computer skills and knowledge to function at an advanced level on Excel
- Strong analytical skills, should be able to accept and manage complexity and uncertainty, and should be able to act independently and take responsibility
A market related negotiable package depending on experience and qualifications
On top of this there is lucrative bonus potential