Our client is a reputable and well known International Accounting Firm is looking to employ an Audit Supervisor.
Main purpose of the position:
The Audit Supervisor is responsible to oversee and ensure that work is planned, executed and completed efficiently in accordance with the Firm’s policies and procedures and keeps the Engagement Manager and/or the Engagement Partner informed of matters or issues which might impact on the audit opinion or any other matters of concern or opportunities from the audit.
No of Subordinates:
- 5- 10 Subordinates
Business /Brand Development/Operational Excellence:
- Participate in special assignments as and when required.
- Attendance of client functions.
- Attendance of supervisor, manager and partner meetings.
- Assist with new client research, presentation and pitch preparation.
- Managing budget to actual.
- Timeous and accurate billing of clients, using fee arrangement letters in liaison with the partner.
- Timeous provision and write-off of WIP.
- Timeous follow up on fee queries.
- Achieve chargeable hours as agreed upon.
- Assist the Partner with negotiating budgets / fees and overruns for client once fee base has been agreed.
- Timeous completion of client take-on process.
- Approval of timesheets, leave and expense claims.
Quality and process:
- Ensure that the audit planning is signed off before commencement of execution of the audit
- Manage preparation of detailed budgets and staff allocation
- Submission of task code request and approval of overruns.
- Communication of deadlines and budget to staff
- Liaison with client and preparation of the schedule of audit requirements
- Perform function of principal client contact and take full responsibility for the client relationship management and ensure that all queries are solved timeously
- Oversee and ensure that all the project activities comply with the firm's policies and procedures
- Perform a review on all sections in the file
- Manage the project timelines and ensure that allocated resources are efficiently used
- Manage the client and ensure that the project is delivered within the scope agreed on
- Review the draft financial statements and audit opinion
- Attend and present at audit committee meetings
- Attend and facilitate wrap-up meetings
- Ensure that the files for archiving are done
- Ensure timeous archiving of files
- Ensure signed financials are given to the Audit Administrator
People Development, Learning and Growth:
Development of others:
- Provide adequate on the job On the job training, counselling and evaluation
- Regular feedback on trainee performance to the Trainee and Mentor
- Timeous completion of PTS, LTS and ANA's
- Assist with recruitment e.g. interviews, VAC work
- Mentoring of trainees and seniors when required
- Attendance of training and being active in own department
- Attendance and participation in management activities
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bcom, Bcompt, Studying towards CTA, ITC
- Desirable: Honours
- 3 years training experience
- Understanding of relevant standards and Codes of Ethics (e.g. International Financial Reporting Standards, International Standards in Auditing, Codes of Ethics, Companies Act, JSE regulations and other relevant legislation)
- Understanding of relevant internal and external quality control processes; internal policies and procedures
- Leadership and soft skill training
- Contribute to a better company.
- Remain focused on cohesiveness and togetherness
- The way we respect our fellow colleagues and work together as one business and one team
- Ensure that integrity and the highest ethics are our guiding principles
- Sharing open and honest feedback.
- Our commitment to quality in everything we do.
- Innovations is change that unlocks new values.
- New ideas that present opportunities.