Our client is looking for someone who has a passion for quality and researching new technologies that will solve software development challenges. The Quality Engineering team is integral to building their cutting-edge security software and as an Automation Developer you bring to the table your programming experience and an affinity for building software more efficiently and effectively.
You will support the Lead Automation Engineer in extending and maintaining our state-of-the-art test automation framework and partner with Quality Analysts to design CI and CD (or DevOps) processes for releases. As part of evolving our highly successful framework you will leverage industry-leading technologies such as Node.js, Cucumber.js, Appium, Golang, Terraform and Docker. You will be expected to stay abreast of the latest trends and recommend improvements to the framework and testing toolset. Besides technical acumen you will need to help maintain Engineering’s “quality bar” by contributions such as analyzing functional and non-functional test results, recommending corrective action and provide feedback to Developers and Architects that determine platform and application capabilities of the end-to-end system.
Skills & Experience
- Computer Science or related degree
- Competent open source software developer
- Is comfortable working with Linux and a scripting language such as Node.js, Python or PHP
- Experience configuring systems for automated testing
- Has experience testing product functionality with SOAP and REST APIs
- Experience with performance and/or security testing
- Is able to multitask and balance immediate and long-term tasks and requirements
- Has strong analytical and investigative problem-solving skills
- Is a good team player
- Has good interpersonal and communication skills