An opportunity exists for an experienced Senior BI Developer to join the Cape Town team.
As a Senior BI Developer, you will be working as part of a team that takes ownership of the data warehouse processes and information in order to ensure the warehouse runs effectively.
The Senior Business Intelligence Developer reports directly to the Head of Engineering, with an indirect reporting line to the Head of BI.
This position is responsible for ensuring the integrity of all information within the data warehouse as well as the accuracy of the processes used to populate the warehouse on a daily basis. They are required to develop and maintain existing ETL as well as provide operational BI support to the
business. The core BI Tech Stack is based on Microsoft technologies, including MSSQL, SSIS, SSAS and PowerBI.
Internal liaison takes place with all internal departments. External liaison is limited.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but is not limited to):
• To develop and maintain exiting ETL
• Develop and build reporting and analytical structures based on the data warehouse
• Develop and design base data warehouse structures based on the Kimbel methodology
• Ensure the existing code base is maintained
• Be part of the BI Dev team that has ownership of the data warehouse
• Make sure checks are in place to ensure the accuracy of all information
• Ensure all record counts are valid and all data is in a useable format
• Adhere to internal SDLC system
• To ensure the quality of code within the BI team
• Identify errors and provide feedback to relevant parties
• To provide operational support and solve technical issues for BI processes
• To provide general BI support to the business
• To liaise with the business to establish and scope BI requirements
• Carry out business analysis and scope work correctly
• To manage own professional and self-development
• Grade 12 or equivalent (Essential)
• Related qualification in software development (Desirable)
• 5 years working experience within the BI field (Essential)
• Experience writing reports (Essential)
• Knowledge of data warehousing and analytics
• Knowledge of BI tools concepts and architecture
• Knowledge of ETL and data analysis with focus on data integrity
• Knowledge of Microsoft BI Stack, including MSSQL, SSIS, SSAS, PowerBI
• Analytic skills
• Computer skills
• Verbal and written communication
• Presentation skill
• Interpersonal skills
• Attention to detail
• SQL skills
• Advanced Excel skills
• Relevant coding language skills
Closing date for this position is 31st January 2020. Only suitably qualified/shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Should you not hear from us within 2 weeks of submission, please consider your application unsuccessful.