Manage the execution of the Production process in order to ensure on time delivery of the volume agreed, in line with AFP parameters, to meet business demand.
- Ensure timely execution of production plans in sewing and cutting room according to established quantity and range of products. Responsible for minimum W.I.P. levels
- Ensure conformity of produced items with technical and technological documentation.
- Ensures production cost optimisation on the base of parameter analysis (efficiency, SAH, material usage, spare parts usage, etc.) and if necessary, introduces appropriate changes.
- Secures timely preparation and implementation of new models on cutting and sewing and ensuring compliance with documentation.
- Recommend technological solutions to eliminate problems during mass production process.
- Introduces organisational and technological changes to maximise production capacity.
- Controls technical condition of sewing machines and analyses requests for capital expenditure
- Ensures conformity of production with quality requirements and standards established in the company.
- Manage skills development of subordinates. Participate in recruitment
- Control staff discipline with regards to performance, attendance and misconduct.
- Ensures working conditions are in line with Environment, Health & Safety Procedures.
- Manage, Lead and Maintain ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Integrated Management System
- 10 years experience as a Production Manager
- A tertiary qualification would be advantageous.
- Very good communication skills.
- Have to be computer literate in MS Excel & Word.
- Sound technical construction knowledge of denim bottoms or outerwear products.
- Previous working experience in managing and leading a Health and Safety system in a manufacturing environment
Cape Town, South Africa,
Jobs in South Africa
5 to 15 years
Job Reference #: