- Together with Line Management and / HRBP identifies health and wellness issues that impact negatively on work performance and identifies / implements applicable interventions
- Providing counseling and support on health and wellness related issues such as HIV/Aids prevention and management, domestic violence, and alcohol and drug rehabilitation to staff.
- Conducting presentations on wellness programs including topics such as stress management or the importance of healthy habits.
- Manages, designs and implements policies and procedures relating to a company's wellness programs and activities designed to improve employee health and well being
- Training new staff members on the employee wellness program
- Conducting training sessions on the Wellness program.
- Assisting with the planning of the charity initiatives and conducting visits to the various affiliated charities in order to facilitate social uplift
- Present motivational sessions ( as requested)
- Monitoring and assessing health and safety strategies in accordance with legislation and company policies and procedures
- Assisting in the identification of emerging OHS risks in the workplace
- Conducting quarterly workplace OH &S assessments in restaurant and ensuring effective feedback is given to the Operations team and other stakeholders.
- Foster and develop an OH &S Culture across the organization
- Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
- Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
- Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, and safety inspections, procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
- Ensure full and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained referring specifically to Health and Safety tracking sheets and First Aid orders.
- Establish a full program of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks.
- Liaise with external health & safety consultants in the provision of training programs and health and safety services e.g. the training of first aiders and fire fighters
- Manage and devise the agenda for, chair and formulate & distribute minutes for the Health & Safety Committee meetings.
- Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business.
- Provide regular reports to the Human Resources Manager on relevant health and safety activities.
Ensure compliance with relevant legislation regarding Workman’s Compensation
- Tracking and monitoring of restaurant accidents and escalation of Health and Safety concerns to Operations
- Maintaining an adequate tracking system of accidents reported on duty and ensuring that all necessary documentation is uploaded on the necessary electronic portal
- Finalization and report back to HR Manager on all Workman’s Compensation claims
- Liaising with the Human Resource Field Consultants and Operations in the event of a disability investigation and reasonable accommodation in the restaurant.
- Investigation of accidents where necessary
- 4years’ experience in Employee Wellness/ Health and Safety
- Industrial Degree
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Experience in designing, implementing and administration of Employee Wellness programs
- Experience in debriefing in an HIV context
- Experience & knowledge in facilitating group debriefing sessions
- Experience in supporting management and educating workforce in HR related matters
- Knowledge of Employee Wellness Practices
- Knowledge of relevant Labor Legislation and the occupational Health and Safety Act
- Previous experience in Workman’s Compensation
- Own car
- SA Citizens only
Pretoria, South Africa,
Kencorp Executive Search
3 to 4 years
R15000 to R20000
Job Reference #: