- Reporting to the DC Operations manager in this large Retail warehouse , you must have
- Completed 3 year Diploma in Road and Transport Management, Warehousing or related field of study
- Computer literate with Microsoft Office particular MS Outlook and Excel.
- Minimum 3 years working experience in a leadership / middle management position within a warehousing environment.
- Previous experience in managing a team
- Experience in managing a Health and Safety programme according to the specifications stipulated by law (advantageous).
You will be responsible for
- Manage internal and external client relations within multi-client environment as well as
- Ensure the execution of plans within the labour budget.
- Inventory control - ensure that the age of all parcels are kept under the KPI target by means of investigations and reporting on a daily basis.
- Manage and lead operations team to ensure maximum productivity in accordance with forecasted receiving and despatch requirements.
- Investigate, follow- up and resolve all exceptions and ensure it is communicated to the relevant leaders.
- Ensure FIFO is applied across the entire hub floor as per the KPI target.
- Ensure that the age of all parcels are kept within the KPI target.
- Manage the cross border function.
- Ensure the efficient loading process of vehicles in respect of vehicle utilisation.
- Adhere to Health and Safety requirements in accordance with the OHS act and compliance to others.
- Inspect all vehicles and material handling equipment to ensure compliance and minimise risk.
- Manage the security service provider in accordance with SLA and security manual.
- Conduct safety toolbox talks.
- Manage housekeeping in the allocated area and ensure warehouse is always neat, clean and safe.
Johannesburg, South Africa,
3 to 5 years
R300000 to R305000
Job Reference #: