The overall purpose of the job:
Modifies, develops, tests and maintains applications. Helps evaluate application systems, processes and requirements makes changes to those systems and maintains them where necessary.
• Work as part of a project team to develop and test enterprise-ready business applications in a variety of configurations (e.g. web-based, desktop-based, service-based or scheduled processes).
• Help produce brand new solutions, solutions based upon third-party applications, or solutions that interact with existing legacy systems. Is aware of, prepared to learn and follow industry best-practice when developing applications.
• Use programming languages and tools (generally) around the Java platform.
• Work with Business Analysts to specify business requirements, and help translate these requirements into technical specifications (including Class, Sequence and other UML diagrams).
• Help Database Developers write efficient and effective database access code.
• Work with QA Analysts to implement testing plans and write the necessary code to automate testing in line with our Test-Driven Development methodology.
• Work with customers and project managers to deliver quality, effective software, in line with our Agile Development process.
• Help diagnose the root causes of systems issues using their problem-solving skills.
• Help research and evaluate potential technical solutions to business problems
• Exposure to Enterprise development is a requirement