This well establish business in the Agri Industry based in Kirkwood is currently looking to employ a Logistics Manager. (Preference will be given to candidates who has gained experience in the logistics environment, within the citrus industry.)
- Good understanding of operations and inbound logistics in order to pro-actively plan and manage logistics and marketing outputs.
- Maintaining and distribution of accurate and relevant management reports. This includes measuring of service providers.
- Investigate and address department under performance and non-conformances.
- Good relationship and communication with internal and external parties to ensure effective contributions.
- Planned and intelligent allocation of programmes to production lines that support Marketing strategy and Operations efficiency.
- Maintenance and development of relevant systems, reports and procedures.
- Ensuring department compliance with and contribution to H&S, ISO and Company Policies.
- Effective management and development of a team of 70 people over 2 shifts
- Grade 12 or Equivalent Qualification
- A Formal Qualifications in Logistics and Supply Chain Management or equivalent is an added advantage
- Computer literacy – MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)+
- Valid driver’s license with own vehicle
- Good Communications skills
- Ability to work accurately and within time pressures
- Problem solving and critical thinking
- Prior experience in a similar position is essential
- Prior experience in the operations of a citrus Packhouse/ citrus industry is advantageous
- Sound knowledge of HR Practices
- Previous ISO 9000 experience an added advantage
- Ability to manage a team of people and equipment over two shifts