A vacancy exists for an Occupational Health Nurse reporting to the Operations Manager and indirectly to the Operations Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for rendering a quality occupational health service which is effective and efficient, and exceeds customers’ expectations for an Occupational Health clinic in Middelburg.
- Qualifications in General Nursing
- Occupational Health Nursing B Tech/ Diploma with 2 - 3 years relevant experience post-graduation in a mining environment
- Registration with SANC
- NOTE: Additional Occupational Health Nursing qualification must appear on current SANC receipt
- Sound knowledge in the provision of Occupational and Primary Health Care Services.
- Certificate in dispensing and dispensing license
- Certificate in Competency: Spirometry, Audiometry certificate and registration as an audiometrist with SASOHN, Vision screening, Multi-drug testing, HIV Counselling and Testing
- Computer literacy essential
- Maintenance of an Occupational Health program to establish the physical, psychological and social well-being of the worker in a safe working environment.
- Monitoring the health status of employees through on-going surveillance programmes according to the SOP.
- Providing information the Client can utilize to eliminate, control and minimize health risks and hazards to which the employees are, or may be exposed.
- Coordination of emergency procedures
- Working effectively within a budget and ensuring smooth administration of all aspects of the services
- Delivering high quality primary healthcare services.
- Meeting the prescribed professional and quality standards of both Life Occupational Health and the Clients.
- Ensuring the total satisfaction of our clients through continuous improvement and added value
Ensuring compliance with ISO 9001:2008 and OHSAS 18001:2007 standards including internal and external audits (Life Occupational Health as well as client audits)
Salary is market related
To apply, please send your updated CV to email@example.com
Please be advised that you will be contacted by Medipath Healthcare Recruitment within 14 days should we wish to proceed with your application. Similarly, if you are not contacted by Medipath Healthcare Recruitment, please accept your application as unsuccessful. Your CV will automatically be added to our database and we could be contacting you should a suitable position arise.