Main job purpose
To facilitate packing instructions and requirements together with OE and after market, in order to ensure optimized packing density, to reduce transport/palette costs and breakages while facilitating continuous improvement of current packaging to improve losses.
- Ensure packaging methods are standardized, by utilizing work instructions, in order to optimize space, reduce damages, and reduce transport costs so as to improve profitability for the business.
- To ensure that end-to-end packaging processes are cost effective and continuously improved so as to reduce packing-related losses and customer returns in order to increase profitability for the business.
- Ensure all modes of transport and the packaging/storing of products comply with legal requirements and ergonomic structures to reduce the number of losses and injuries for the business.
- Ensure that all packaging materials utilized are sustainable and meet quality standards thereby reducing customer claims/credit notes and damage to product while in transit.
- Ensure continuous improvement drive through bench marking to improve packaging costs/design effectiveness in line with world class standards.
- Effectively communicate with stakeholders to ensure successful outcomes to projects and to minimize risk.
- Grade 12
- BTech Industrial Engineering
- Value stream mapping knowledge
- Packaging Optimization
- Project Management Skills
- Communication skills (written and verbal)
- Analytical Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- 2 Years experience in an industrial process engineer role
- 2 Years experience in handling packaging design, specification and continuous improvements requirement
- 2 Years project management experience
- 2 Years experience in a manufacturing environment