Basic Skill set for ParaPlanner:
• The PPs are required to have critical thinking skills, the ability to work within a team and anticipate company needs and advisor questions.
• PPs require strong inter-relationship skills and strong verbal and written ability
• The PP team ethos is to share experiences and tips amongst the team to achieve the benefits of a central knowledge base to cover all challenges Adviceworx advisors encounter during the financial planning process.
• PPs must have Good understanding and knowledge of the financial planning environment.
• Good understanding of client goals and financial planning tools used to meet the client’s financial objectives.
• Strong interpersonal relationship skills – the ability to interact, and develop strong relationships with colleagues and partners.
• Strong articulation (written & verbal) skills. PPs need to be comfortable to have remote sessions via the computer and phone when dealing with advisors.
• Computer literate and technologically savvy
• Time management skills.
• Ability to learn things quickly in a fast paced environment and effectively manage regular change of priorities.
• Service orientation and Goal driven.
Key Areas of the Role Para-planners will be expected to understand or perform the following tasks:
• Advisory Methodology – the theory on the Advisory Model and assistance in understanding of IWP methodology.
• The production of Lifestyle Wealth Design Plans, including input & appropriate content for the LWDP, is the PP’s primary task.
• Financial Planning Steps – A good understanding of the underlying Financial Planning process aligned to the FPI 6 step process.
• Systems & Tools - navigation and financial/asset capture in preparation for modelling, as well as modelling for financial scenario plans.
• Advisory Funds & Pricing • Client Experience - Understanding of client experience artefacts, as well as key selling features.
The PPs will perform various tasks including portfolio reviews and preparing financial plans on behalf of the Advisors.
Bcom degree is a preferred qualification; if not a related qualification is an advantage.
A CFP course completion is also preferred with the Board still to be written is ideal.