- Train the Operations team on the complete scope of water treatment plant.
- Conduct regular competency assessment on Operations team ensuring hat the training deliverables are met.
- Supervise the operation of water treatment plant.
- Supervise the operation of wastewater treatment plant.
- Supervise the chemical dosage units.
- Supervise cooling water treatment.
- Manage the Plant laboratory.
- Perform Environmental management processes and waste management.
- Ensure all activities carried-out in the Plant are executed according to Company’s SHEQ procedures, standards and specifications.
- Lead, supervise and coordinate the activities of Power plant operators and Analyst.
- Organize and coordinate resources and tasks to ensure supervising plan.
- Daily, control the performance of water treatment facility.
- Daily, control the performance of wastewater treatment facility
- Daily, control the performance of chemical dosage units
- Monthly, analytical control of HTF, Turbine lube oil and transformer oil.
- Weekly, control the performance of cooling water treatment.
- Ensuring all operation activities are performed in compliance with laws and regulation.
- Keep updated guidelines and procedures.
- Establish the laboratory database.
- Establish calibration checks.
- Perform required technical training to enhance the professional skills of the Operations team.
- Directly supervise and assume responsibility for the performance of the operating personnel.
- At the end of each Shift, conduct regular meetings with subordinates to discuss maintenance work progress, schedules problems, interferences, priorities, near misses, etc.
- Recommend to the Operations Manager changes in methods, schedules and procedures needed to meet specific exigencies of the plant operations.
- Perform liaison with Environmental Authorities, external organisations and stakeholders.
- Perform environmental.
- Degree/Diploma in Chemical Engineering/Analytical Chemistry
- 3 - 4 years related experience preferably in a Concentrated power plant, Petro-chemical, power or desalination Plant
- A proactive attitude
- Strictly adhere, promote and ensure the enforcement of HSE rules and practices.
- Some experience of installation and repair of water treatment dosing equipment
- Fully familiar with the Plant hazards
- Excellent communication skills
Kathu, South Africa,
Swift Human Resources
3 to 5 years
Job Reference #: